Wednesday, February 11, 2015

How Wyndham double dips and fucks over their 'owners'


So I'm a 'vacation owner'.  Yeah, I was stupid and bought this almost 15 years ago.  I fell for the lines and the empty promises.

They tell you things like "It's a real-estate investment", and "You get priority booking at your 'home base'".  It's all bullshit.  After dropping something like $6k on it, I now spend $30/month on Maintenance.  I get 120k points to 'spend' every other year.  So those cost me $720.
Common complaints:
  • That the timeshare interest purchased would appreciate and increase resale price and value over time.
  • That the timeshare interest purchased could be freely exchanged, transferred and sold.
  • That the timeshare interest purchased was a financial investment.
  • That the timeshare interest purchased would result in the purchaser receiving booking priority over non – purchasing vacationers wishing to stay at one or more of the properties owned and/or maintained by the defendant. 

What can I get for $720 every two years?  Well, I knowingly bought a single room for 5 days.  But it's a nice place, and I supposedly have priority booking.  In addition, those points can be used anywhere.

Using them is the problem. I tried to book my wife a weekend, and what did I find?
No Vacancy.  (Now this is after bitching to them after 2 weeks of their website not reporting inventory correctly).



So I started looking at Expeda for alternatives and come across the Wyndham Grand Desert, and what do I see?  Availability.
Not only that, but it's cheaper than WHAT I'VE ALREADY PAID.  Fuckers.
So I call Wyndham.  I knew I should have hit record on my phone.  The lady actually told me that it was a 3RD PARTY that was reselling their inventory.  Like I don't know what Sabre is.  Worse, after asking to speak with a manager, she put me on foreverhold.
Now, they'll argue they don't use Sabre, that's fine - you can find the Grand Desert GDS codes here:
http://www.travelweekly.com/Hotels/Las-Vegas/Wyndham-Grand-Desert-Resort-p3630422
You'll note their 'WorldSpan' GDS number - Expedia will get their inventory via WorldSpan:
http://www.expedia.com/daily/home/vendor/gds.asp



Just for fun, I decided to also check out Hotels.com.  Yep - Inventory:

Still cheaper than what I paid, and I chose the 'free to cancel' option.  Hotels.com use Sabre.
http://www.myeres.com/GDS.php

This is the norm.  I haven't used this timeshare in years because of awful availability and shitty customer service.



1 comment:

Blogger said...

Did you know there's a 12 word sentence you can say to your man... that will induce deep emotions of love and impulsive attractiveness for you deep inside his chest?

Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, adore and guard you with all his heart...

12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Love Instinct

This instinct is so built-in to a man's mind that it will drive him to work harder than before to love and admire you.

As a matter of fact, triggering this mighty instinct is so binding to getting the best ever relationship with your man that the moment you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You'll immediately notice him open his heart and soul for you in such a way he's never experienced before and he will perceive you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly appealed to him.